Kirsten Johnson Lecture

When I first arrived at the lecture I did not know what to expect. Was it going to be a boring lecture that would not interest me? The first thing I noticed was her interesting sense of fashion. She was dressed in very bright colors and you could tell immediately that she would be energetic. I loved the interaction she had with the audience and how she spoke to them. She was creating a connection with the audience which made the lecture even more interesting. I liked hearing about her experience in Afghanistan and how the tactics she used to capture some of the shots like the carrot one. I also liked how proud she was of her work and that she told us how long it took her to get all of the shots for Cameraperson. She made the lecture really interesting and I paid attention through the entire thing. When she would say something I would search it up to get a visual of what she was talking about. like when she said she went on the adventure to find the blimp with Bill Binney, it took me a while to find his picture because his first name is actually William. I found it interesting that she spent an hour for the wind to blow so that she could get the right shot of the flag. This lecture was interesting because she showed it what it is like to be behind the camera and how much work it takes and how sometimes some shots are unexpected. The whole time though I was hoping she would not call on me like she was the other students. But I did enjoy speaking with her and the lecture

Comments